The Mohawk Valley Advertising Club (MV Ad Club), was founded in 1947 “to promote greater effectiveness in the use of advertising as an instrument for distribution, to foster higher standards of practice in advertising and selling, to expand recognition of advertising as a profitable business tool, and to cultivate a better understanding of the economic and social value of advertising to the consuming public.”
MV Ad Club affords communications professionals the opportunity to meet with fellow professionals on a regular basis. Programs deal with a wide range of topics designed to improve your job skills and professional standing.
The winning Student Scholarship Award candidate will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 and membership to MV Ad Club for the 2013/2014 Season. There is also the potential of a summer internship with an MV Ad Club member.
Eligible candidates for the MV Ad Club Scholarship program are:
- Matriculated students studying advertising, communications, design, media, marketing, public relations or website design. It does not need to be your major or minor.
- A Freshman, Sophomore or Junior attending college in the Greater Central New York Area.
- Applications must be submitted by February 15, 2013.
- Finalists will be notified by February 22, 2013.
- Finalists will present a portfolio to the MV Ad Club Board of Directors on March 5, 2013.
- Winning candidate will be notified on March 15, 2013.